- it’s okay to be genderfluid but usually a girl
- it’s okay to be genderfluid but usually a boy
- it’s okay to be agender one day and bigender the next
- it’s okay to not identify as any specific gender
- it’s okay to keep your gender to yourself
- your gender is your own goddamn business
Evan Rachel Wood, responding to the MPAA’s double standard toward women when it censored a sex scene in her upcoming movie Charlie Countryman.
Mother Jones has the story. Actress Wood also Twitted:
After seeing the new cut of Charlie Countryman, I would like to share my disappointment with the MPAA, who thought it was necessary to censor a woman’s sexuality once again. The scene where the two main characters make “love” was altered because someone felt that seeing a man give a woman oral sex made people “uncomfortable,” but the scenes in which people are murdered by having their heads blown off remained intact and unaltered.
This is a symptom of a society that wants to shame women and put them down for enjoying sex, especially when (gasp) the man isn’t getting off as well! It’s hard for me to believe that had the roles been reversed it still would have been cut or had the female character been raped it would have been cut.